10 Secrets to be an Effective Networker!
We always go to different events and connect with people. When we spend so much time what should be the strategy towards effective networking. According to me if you follow these ten SECRETS you can start a business relationship with a stranger in any event. These secrets are very useful in
- Networking meetings
- Social Events
- Professional Association
- Community gatherings etc.
Below are the 10 Secrets:
1. Have your networking tools (business cards, name badge, etc.) with you at all times.
2. Set a goal for the event (such as 5 meaningful conversations).
3. Act like a host, not a guest: greet people and introduce yourself; introduce them to others.
4. Ask 5 “W” questions and listen: remember, you have two ears and one mouth.
5. Describe Your Product or Service.
6. Give referrals whenever possible.
7. Exchange Business Cards with the People You Meet.
8. Spend no more than 10 minutes with each person.
9. Write notes on the back of the business cards you collect.
10. Follow up with the People you meet!.
There are other things Great Networkers do, Follow my next Blog.